Hugs From Henry is a Plymouth based charity which helps families all over the UK who have a child suffering from neuroblastoma. Whether emotional support, making a memory or helping families keep in touch, Hugs From Henry provides them with a place to turn.
Unit 4, The Broadway, Plymstock
Open: Monday-Saturday 9am – 5pm
Closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
Signs and symptoms of neuroblastoma?
Fatigue, loss of appetite, fever, and joint pain are common. Symptoms depend on primary tumor locations and metastases if present:
- In the abdomen, a tumor may cause a swollen belly and constipation.
- A tumor in the chest may cause breathing problems.
- A tumor pressing on the spinal cord may cause weakness and thus an inability to stand, crawl, or walk.
- Bone lesions in the legs and hips may cause pain and limping.
- A tumor in the bones around the eyes or orbits may cause distinct bruising and swelling.
- Infiltration of the bone marrow may cause pallor from anemia.
Neuroblastoma often spreads to other parts of the body before any symptoms are apparent and 50 to 60% of all neuroblastoma cases present with metastases.